24 Hour Help Line: (902) 667-1200
Mailing address: 41 Russell Street, Amherst, NS B4H 2S5
Phone: (902) 667-1344
Fax: (902) 667-2768
Autumn House serves Cumberland County.
Autumn House offers services to women who have been abused by an intimate partner (husband, boyfriend, common law spouse, same sex partner). The shelter is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and our phone lines are always open.
Services are offered at no cost and are completely confidential.
- shelter for women and children
- counselling and information on abuse and its effects
- advocacy: help in accessing community resources such as financial assistance, police, lawyers, children’s services, etc.
- accompaniment to court and professional appointments
- Ourselves support group.
Autumn House offers outreach services to reach victims of abuse in the community. If you require this support we can arrange to meet with you in your community.
Children’s Outreach Program
Autumn House also offers services to children who are affected by family violence:
- share and learn counselling sessions
- discussions and workbook activities
- support and information
- children’s education and support group.
New Directions is a program of the Cumberland County Transition House Association that offers assistance to men who engage in abusive behaviour.
We are a closed group program that covers 20 or more topics. We meet once a week for 2 hours. There are 10-12 men in the group. Confidentiality is respected which creates a safe environment for you to come and share your experiences, explore your options, and work on changing your abusive behaviour.
If you are interested in helping to eliminate violence against women and children, consider making a donation to:
41 Russell Street
PO Box 1141