Crisis & Emergency Numbers
If you are in an emergency situation, dial 911 for assistance.
24 Hour Help-Line: 1-855-225-0220
If you need to stay at the shelter or would like to talk to one of our caring counsellors about your situation, please call or text us. There is someone on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All services are free, safe and confidential.
We have 11 locations outside of HRM to get you or your loved one the support they need.
We are here to help.
Warning Signs You Are in an Abusive Relationship
- Belittling you, makes accusations (ie. Cheating), screams at you
- Tells you what to wear and how to look, says hurtful things about your appearances
- Threatens to harm you, people you care about, pets, or themselves
- Punches the wall, throws objects, acts in a physically aggressive manner
- Controls the money, makes you beg for funds, refuses to provide basic necessities and/or steals money from you or your friends
- Kicks you out of the car or the house, abandons you in places you don’t know
- Decides who you are able to spend time with, embarrasses you publicly
- Physically attacks you (hitting, pushing, punching, biting, chocking, weapons etc)
- Prevents you from eating, sleeping, or getting medical care
- Forces you to have sex when you don’t want to
- Refuses to respect your sexual boundaries and/or refuses to use protection