THANS is seeking to hire a Project Assistant on a short-term, part-time basis, with possibility of renewal based on available funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant supports the efficient day-to-day operation of the THANS office, and the work of the THANS Provincial Coordinator. The Project Assistant will support the Provincial Coordinator with project and grant funding as specified by the Provincial Coordinator and the THANS Management Committee. Under the direction and supervision of the Provincial Coordinator, the Project Assistant will maintain all necessary records, files and processes to ensure an efficient and compliant operation of THANS, focusing on accuracy, efficiency and transparency.
- Administrative support to the Provincial Coordinator including scheduling, travel arrangements, correspondence, and administration for the successful implementation of THANS events and activities.
- Office filing, both electronic and hard copy, document destruction and back-ups, all in compliance with policy and practices;
- Scheduling, drafting agendas, taking minutes/notes at Committee meetings, including but not limited to THANS committee meetings.
- Collect and assemble Board and various Committee materials for distribution in advance of meetings;
- Office support for fundraising and project events.
- Assist with monitoring and managing Social Media
Training and Workshops:
- Scheduling and arranging training and workshops as required by THANS member organizations
- Scheduling and arranging training and support as required for the Homeless Individual and Family Information System (HIFIS,) including hardware and software support.
- Other such activities as designated by the Coordinator or Management Committees
Programs and Services:
- Projects funded through the federal, provincial and private agencies;
- Pamela Gerhardt Endowment Fund;
- Other such activities as designated by the Board;
- Comply with all policies of THANS and supporting the Provincial Coordinator with monitoring compliance;
- Provide advice and implement recommendations on improvements to administrative procedures and practice
Hours of Work
The Project Assistant normally works 21 hours a week during regular business hours. Occasionally it may be necessary to work in an evening or on the weekend.
Place of Work
THANS maintains and office at 6169 Quinpool Road, Suite 204, Halifax. The Project Assistant would normally maintain regular office hours at this location, however some flexibility regarding work from home would be provided.
Salary and Benefits
21 hours per week are paid at $22 per hour. This is a salary of $24024 per annum. THANS participates in a Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan which provides Life, ADD, Dental and Extended Health Coverage. Premiums are 50% cost share with the employee.
Vacation to 3-weeks per annum pro-rated. Sick time is 12 hours per month pro-rated. Holidays are: New Year’s Day, February Family Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Natal Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The Project Assistant will be subject to a one-month probationary period and will be asked to sign an employment contract.
Term of contract
Beginning September 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022– contract may be renewed on annual basis subject to available funding.
Please apply by 6th August 2021 by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line PROJECT ASSISTANT APPLICATION
Interviews conducted 10-13 August. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.