24 Hour Help Line: (902) 893-3232 | Toll free: 1-800-565-4878
Mailing Address: PO Box 1681, Truro, NS B2N 5Z5
Crisis Line: (902) 893-3232
Toll-Free Crisis Line: 1-800-565-4878
Business Line: (902) 893-4844
Women’s Outreach: (902) 895-9740
Children & Youth Outreach: (902) 893-3232
Fax: (902) 893-7674
Third Place Transition House serves Colchester and East Hants Counties and Truro.
- 24-hour crisis line
- shelter for 15 women and children
- support for women
- support for children
- 24-hour staffing
- a safe, comfortable living environment for as long as six weeks
- supportive counselling
- help in understanding the legal and social services systems (referral & advocacy)
- group support
- a space for women to share their experience and to gain confidence in their own abilities
- outreach workers for women and children
- accompaniment to court, lawyers, social services, etc.
- assistance with peace bond and court applications
- individual supportive counselling
- information and referral
- group support
- Moving On: A three phased program with specific components. This program is designed to assist women who have left abusive relationships to recognize what constitutes a healthy relationship. Topics include: Boundaries, Choices, Setting Goals, etc. Take Time: This group is for women who are currently in or have recently left an abusive relationship.
- Child Witnesses of Domestic Violence Abuse Education Program: This is an 8-week program for children who have been affected by domestic abuse. Topics include: family violence, dealing with anger, safety planning, self-esteem, etc. This group is facilitated by the Children Services Worker.
- Anger Management/Conflict Resolution: This is an 8-week program that focuses on feelings and how to deal with anger. Programs are structured depending upon need. Topics often include: anger at school and home, our bodies and anger, self-esteem, conflict resolution, etc.
- Public Education: Staff are available to make presentations or facilitate workshops focusing on a
number of topics to other professionals, community groups, community colleges, schools, etc.
If you are interested in helping to eliminate violence against women and children, consider making a donation to:
Third Place Transition House
PO Box 1681
Truro, Nova Scotia