>Cape Breton Transition House Association (Willow House) – Sydney
24 Hour Help Line: (902) 539-2945 Toll Free 1-800-563-2945
- Outreach:(902) 562-3045 ext:208
- Main Office:(902) 562 2186 ext:205
- Sexual Assault/Violence:1 (844) 314 5167
- Local:(902) 270 5167
- Fax:(902) 562-7609
- Web: cbtha.com
- Childcare Counselor phone: (902) 562-1336
- Education/Fundraising: (902) 562-4190
- Fax: (902) 562-4677
Cape Breton Transition House serves CBRM and Victoria County
About Cape Breton Transition House
Cape Breton Transition House Association (Society) was formed in 1979. The association set out to raise funds which were subsequently matched by the Province of Nova Scotia. The association purchased the house and undertook extensive renovations. Cape Breton Transition House became a reality on February 12, 1981.
Cape Breton Transition House coordinated an integrated approach to family violence – the Cape Breton Inter-agency on Family Violence.
- Two crisis lines 24-hours-a-day.
- Our services are strictly confidential.
- Support and shelter to women and children who are emotionally, physically, or sexually abused.
- Information on the cycle of violence, a protection plan, the stages a woman faces in a battering relationship, etc.
- Counselling to develop a renewed sense of self worth and understanding that no one deserves to be battered.
- Therapeutic Childcare Program for children who accompany their mothers to Transition House.
- Adolescent program for teenagers who accompany their mothers to Transition House.
- Outreach program for women in the community who need assistance, and offer support groups for women in the Industrial Area, who live in or have left abusive relationships.
- Public education program for schools, service agencies, and the community at large.
- We provide support to women in court.
- We offer two second stage housing units (safe affordable housing). MacAdam House is located in Glace Bay and Callwood House is in Sydney.
Through education and awareness we can work together to stop future violence.
Financial contributions will help to make Cape Breton Transition House a more comfortable, safe, and healing place, and will help support educational programs.
If you would like to support the shelter through volunteer work or a donation, please contact us at:
TRANSITION HOUSE FOUNDATION
PO Box 487
Sydney, Nova Scotia