Mailing address: PO Box 665, Truro, NS, B2N 5E5
Phone: (902) 893-8483
Fax: (902) 893-2987
Millbrook Family Healing Centre serves all First Nations on mainland Nova Scotia except Paq’tnkek First Nation.
Millbrook Family Healing Centre is one of two Shelters in Nova Scotia designed to serve First Nation People. Our culturally relevant holistic programming is available to all First Nation men, women and children who have experienced family violence.
All the Support staff are committed to assisting First Nation women, men, and children to develop and maintain a healthy and violence-free lifestyle. Families can also receive programming through the Outreach program within their own communities with workers who are knowledgeable of their language, values, and lifestyle.
- Protection, safety, shelter, and basic life necessities to women and children.
- 24-hour crisis support telephone line.
- Support and information to women, men, and children to enable them to develop and maintain a healthful and violence-free lifestyle.
- Individual and Group Support for women, men, and children.
- Outreach services to women, men, and children.
- Referral and follow-up to other social services programs.
- Community Education in Family Violence Intervention, Healing, and Prevention
If you are interested in helping to eliminate violence against women and children, consider making a donation to:
Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre
Millbrook First Nation
PO Box 665