24 Hour Help Line: 742-8689 Toll-free: 1-800-266-4087
Juniper House serves Yarmouth and Shelburne Counties.
Juniper House also offers services in Digby.
About Juniper House
JUNIPER is a symbol of protection. It signifies a secure environment where women are protected while they take time to sort out future directions.
Juniper House is operated by the South West Nova Transition House Association. Established in 1985, Juniper House is a safe shelter for abused women and their children.
The house is staffed on rotating shifts by a full-time executive director, full-time and part-time counsellors, a full-time child care worker and outreach worker.
Residents also contribute to the day to day operation of the house.
Juniper House Provides:
- 24-hour TOLL FREE crisis line
- a safe secure home for 15 women and children
- 24-hour staffing
- supportive counselling
- a safe, comfortable living environment for as long as six weeks
- outreach programs
- help in understanding the legal and social service systems
- a space for women to learn to trust each other and to become productive and confident in their own abilities.