Naomi Society offers second stage housing and services in Antigonish (Town & County) and Guysborough County
About Naomi Society
The Naomi Society is a broad based community organization that preserves and promotes the safety, dignity and human rights through direct services to women and their children who are victims of family violence. The society advocates for and provides community action programs for all individuals who are affected by family violence. This is done with an approach that is sensitive to social, economic and cultural diversity.
Naomi Society Provides:
- Confidential support
- Crisis intervention and ongoing support
- Counseling for women, children, and adolescents
- Skilled and supportive counsellors
- Information on available options and services: counselling, medical, shelter, legal, financial
- Referrals / advocacy with other community agencies
- Accompaniment to appointments or court
- Access to emergency overnight shelter
- Support for mothers who have children dealing with effects of family violence
- Second Stage Housing for women and their children who have left an abusive relationship
- Public education
- Outreach Services
- Outreach offices in Sherbrooke, Canso, and Guysborough
- Services offered weekly
Services for Children and Adolescents:
At Naomi Society, we know that violence has an effect on the children who live with it. It can hurt them for the rest of their lives. Children need a safe and loving home. Low self-esteem, emotional difficulties and feelings of insecurity are often the result of living in a violent home. Naomi Society offers support for children and adolescents living with violence in the family.
Activity based counselling services for children. Counselling for adolescents.
Help us end violence against women, donate to Naomi Society today.
You can donate by mail using the address above, contact us by phone if you have any questions. Donations are tax deductible.