24 Hour Help Line: (902) 893-8483 Toll-free: 1-800-565-4741
Millbrook Family Healing Centre
Local (902) 893-8483
Toll Free 1-800-565-4741
fax · (902) 893-2987
Millbrook Family Healing Centre serves all Mi’Kmaw on mainland Nova Scotia.
Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centres delivers direct child welfare legislative and Family Violence Protection, Treatment and Prevention Services to all (13) Mi’kmaw First Nation Bands of Nova Scotia. MFHC Board of Directors are the (13) Bands and a Representative from the Nova Scotia Native Women’s Association. Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centres (MFHC) operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All of the Counsellors and Support staff are committed to assisting Mi’kmaw women, men, and children to develop and maintain a healthy and violent-free lifestyle. Families will receive treatment within their own communities with counsellors who are knowledgeable of their language, values, and lifestyle.
When women, men, and children are referred to off-reserve programs, the counsellor will ensure that the family member successfully accesses and receives services. This type of holistic programming is well established and practices by MFCS. TheWhole-Family Treatment Program is based on the thinking and recommendations of the local and national First Nations community.
The Outreach Program and the Men’s Program are community based. The counsellors work with the women, men, and children from the Mi’kmaw First Nation communities by providing individual and group counselling. The Programs also work with other social service agencies to deliver joint programming to address the needs of Mi’kmaw women, men, and children who experience family violence.
- Protection, safety, shelter, and basic life necessities to women and children.
- 24-hour crisis support telephone line.
- Support and information to women, men, and children to enable them to develop and maintain a healthful and violent-free lifestyle.
- Individual and Group Counselling for women, men, and children.
- Outreach services to women, men, and children.
- Referral and follow-up to other social services programs.
- Community Education in Family Violence Intervention, Treatment, and Prevention
If you are interested in helping to eliminate violence against women and children, consider making a donation to:
Mi’kmaw Family Healing Program