Bryony HOUSE Job Posting
Programs Manager Job Posting
3358 Connaught Ave.; Halifax, NS, B3L 3B5;
Tel. (902) 423-7185 / Fax. (902) 423-1384
Bryony House has been operated by the Halifax Transition House Association of Nova Scotia since 1978, and provides shelter and support for women and their
children experiencing intimate partner violence. Bryony House is a feminist organization and believes that all women and their children have the right to live free
from abuse. Bryony House ensures the safety of women and their children and provides the necessary supports required to begin the process of healing.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programs Manager will provide supervision for the programs and services offered by the Bryony
House Shelter, Outreach and Housing Support programs. This position requires demonstrated leadership in program/event planning and evaluation, progressive
human resources management skills, organizational fund development, and the capacity to provide supportive direction at various levels of the organization. The
Programs Manager requires a self motivated management style that facilitates a consultative team approach while also providing clear direction. This position
will also involve the recruitment and management of volunteers in meeting the organization’s goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and assist in the management of the day-to-day operations of the organization
• Support the training and and supervision of staff and volunteers
• Support the development and management of a Capital Campaign for a new Shelter Build
• Ensure the health and safety and a high standard of care for the women and children served by Bryony House
• Promote Bryony House Programs & Services
• Assist the Executive Director in a variety of activities including contract procurement and budget management
• Collaborate with service recipients, family members, advocates, stakeholders and professionals to enhance and build new partnerships in support of
• Provide input into decision making with respect to case planning
• Provide leadership in the area of Fund Development planning for the organization.
• Develop individual plans, protocols, and schedules
• Recruit and manage volunteers in meeting the organization’s goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate should have an undergraduate degree in the field of Social Work, Health Promotion, Business Management, Community Development or
any other combination of education and experience that would demonstrate:
• A minimum of two years of progressive management experience
• Experience in the public and nonprofit sector
• Sensitivity, experience or understanding around the main issues impacting women and children who have experienced intimate partner abuse
• Experience and demonstrated skills in the area of fundraising and fund development planning.
• Experience in web and other social media messaging.
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Experience working well under pressure in crisis and emergency situations
• Experience working with a case management team and working with little supervision and/or remotely from management
• Capacity to be ‘on call’ on a 24/hour basis for periods of time.
• Computer literacy and experience with databases.
• Ability to thrive in a complex, unstructured environment
• Ability and experience in working ethically with individuals and groups who experience multiple vulnerabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of community resources
• Capacity for problem solving in a crisis situation.
Additional Requirements Include:
• Vulnerable Sector Criminal record clearance
• First Aid and CPR
Please submit: a Cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the job positing and a Resume/CV to: Maria Mac Intosh, Executive Director via
email: email@example.com. Applications must be submitted by email only, on or before April 21st at 3:00pm